Search results for   
Refine your search
Subject
Rollins College (Winte... (1099)
Student Newspapers and... (1094)
Advertising -- Florida... (685)
Black and White Photog... (583)
Br&gt (404)
Show more...

Date Original
1891-1955 (192)
ca. 1960s (93)
1924 (64)
ca. 1970s (62)
ca. 1950s (55)
Show more...

Audience
Electronically Reprodu... (6)
This Image was Derived... (1)
Unknown (1)
Male (1)

results 61-80 of 5908 item(s)  page 4 of 296 : ( <<  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >> ) :: previous : next
select all : clear all : add to favorites

 Image: Title: Subject: Description:

61. Outdoor church sign. c. 1986 Outdoor church sign. c. 1986 The outdoor signage placed on church property, between the (1957) brick church and SR 426. Cars driving by could see the schedule for worship services. Photos likely taken in 1986.

62. The funeral of Re. Stephen M. Tuhy, December 29, 1967 The funeral of Re. Stephen M. Tuhy, December 29, 1967 The four page folder of the English/Slovak funeral service prepared for St. Luke's first pastor, Rev. Stephen M. Tuhy (B. October 14, 1909 - D. December 26, 1967). Pastor Tuhy had served St. Luke's from...

63. Preliminary plans for St. Luke's 1993 Sanctuary c.1989 Preliminary plans for St. Luke's 1993 Sanctuary c.1989 Three glimpses of earliest plans for the construction of a new sanctuary for St. Luke's Lutheran Church exist in the church archives. Blueprints for exterior elevations, for a site plan and for details...

64. SELC District Convention at St. Luke's, April 1985 SELC District Convention at St. Luke's, April 1985 Delegates to Convention of the SELC District of the Lutheran Church-Mo. Synod are gathered outside St. Luke's Lutheran Church in April, 1985. A joint worship service was held in the gymnasium on Sunday,...

65. The Confirmation Class of 1989 The Confirmation Class of 1989 The Confirmation Class of March 19, 1989, gathered with Pastor E.J. Rossow (far right)and Vicar Steve Benke (far left). Class members (left to right): Shana Lacy, Jesse Horl (top), Todd Carter, Lisa Johnson,...

66. Easter Sunday, 1987. The Chancel of St. Luke's Lutheran Church Easter Sunday, 1987. The Chancel of St. Luke's Lutheran Church On April 19, 1987 (Easter Sunday), St. Luke's student pastor, Vicar Wally M. Arp (who was destined to return and serve as the Senior Pastor of the church a decade later), was inspired to take this photo...

67. Pastor Tuhy confirms a Haven child, c. 1965 Pastor Tuhy confirms a Haven child, c. 1965 Pastor Stephen Tuhy lays his hand on the head of an unidentified boy (resident of one the Lutheran Haven Childrens' Homes), c. 1965, as he blesses the child during the rite of Confirmation.

68. Orlando Sentinel article- "St. Luke's to note 50th Anniversary" Orlando Sentinel article- "St. Luke's to note 50th Anniversary" In an article which appeared in the Orlando Sentinel 0n May 25, 1962 (written by Virginia Bellhorn and noting "Slavia" as the location) plans for the upcoming celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the...

69. Pastor Tuhy baptizes a Lutheran Haven Child Pastor Tuhy baptizes a Lutheran Haven Child Pastor Tuhy baptizes a child (unidentified), ca. 1965. The boy was a resident of one of the Lutheran Haven Children's Homes.

70. St. Luke's Church Office. 1986 St. Luke's Church Office. 1986 A view of the building used as the church office. 1986. This structure was originally built in 1935 to serve as the parsonage for Pastor Tuhy and his family. It was later remodeled and used by Pastor John...

71. Meeting in school library. 1990 Meeting in school library. 1990 The St. Luke's school library was one of several spaces used for committee meetings during the period when the preparations for the expansion of the worship facility took place. The demolition of the brick...

72. Finishing the Bell Tower of the new facility. c.1992 Finishing the Bell Tower of the new facility. c.1992 When construction of the new Bell Tower had reached the appropriate stage, a large cross was affixed to its western face, as a symbol of the Christian faith of those who had erected the facility to God's...

73. Retirement celebration for Rev. John Kucharik. Jan 24, 1982 Retirement celebration for Rev. John Kucharik. Jan 24, 1982 Rev. John Kucharik, who had faithfully served St. Luke's for almost 15 years after the death of the congregation's first pastor in 1967, was honored by the congregation with a fellowship dinner served...

74. Sunday School classes, late 1980s Sunday School classes, late 1980s Photos of three Sunday School classes for children held in the auditorium and classrooms of St. Luke's Lutheran School, c. 1986-89. This facility had originally been erected in 1947 and had been expanded...

75. Church music groups rehearse, c.1987 Church music groups rehearse, c.1987 St. Luke's Senior Choir, c. 1987, rehearses in the south transept of the brick church, as it appeared in 1987. The previous year, the church offices had been moved to the old parsonage and the south transept...

76. 50th Anniversary worship folder 50th Anniversary worship folder The first and last sections of the 6 page worship folder prepared by Pastor Stephen M. Tuhy for St. Luke's Golden Anniversary on May 27, 1962, provide the list of participants in the service: Pastor John...

77. News articles about St. Luke's Golden Anniversary News articles about St. Luke's Golden Anniversary Two articles, one in the Slovak language and the other in English, described the Golden Anniversary celebrations at St. Luke's, held on May 27, 1962. A "Sanford Herald" article (June 6, 1962, by Virginia...

78. Celebration for the Intallation of Rev. E.J. Rossow. March 14, 1982 Celebration for the Intallation of Rev. E.J. Rossow. March 14, 1982 Scenes from the fellowship hour in Founders Hall that followed the Installation Service of Rev. E.J. Rossow as pastor of St. Luke's Lutheran Church on March 14, 1982. One image shows Pastor Rossow greeting...

79. Exterior views of 1939 church during demolition process c.1990 Exterior views of 1939 church during demolition process c.1990 During the demolition of the 1957 addition to the church, c.1990-91, in preparation for the building of a new sanctuary, the 1939-built portion of the brick facility was retained. To protect the stained...

80. Views of 1957 structure before demolition in 1989-90 Views of 1957 structure before demolition in 1989-90 Shortly before the demolition of the 1957 addition c.1990, many colored images were made to preserve the memory of that space. But it should be noted that major changes were made in the chancel area c.1986:...
select all : clear all : add to favorites

results 61-80 of 5908 item(s)  page 4 of 296 : ( <<  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >> ) :: previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^