Search results for NEW   
Refine your search
Subject
Br&gt (190)
&lt (182)
Advertising -- Florida... (98)
Slavia (Fla.) -- Histo... (62)
Illustrations -- Drawi... (44)
Show more...

Date Original
19 -- ? (7)
1913-19 -- ? (5)
ca. 1910 (5)
1901 (4)
1886-1902? (3)
Show more...

results 1-20 of 2893 item(s)  page 1 of 145 : ( <<  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >> ) :: previous : next
select all : clear all : add to favorites

 Image: Title: Subject: Description:

1. Blueprint for Main Floor Plan of expanded brick church. 1956 Blueprint for Main Floor Plan of expanded brick church. 1956 A blueprint found in the archives of St. Luke's Lutheran Church shows a plan drawn by noted Winter Park architect, James Gamble Rogers II, for expanding the small brick church erected in 1939 by elongating...

2. Interior of brick church c.1987 Interior of brick church c.1987 A view of the chancel of the church (as expanded in 1957) as it looked in 1987, after extensive interior remodeling. In an effort to provide more seating for worshipers, the offices, etc. were removed...

3. Original wooden church used as a "teacherage" c. 1960 Original wooden church used as a "teacherage" c. 1960 After the construction of the brick church in 1939, the little wood church was moved from the cemetery property to the new campus and became the site of St. Luke's first school. After the construction...

4. Officiants at Dedication of St. Luke's Church addition on May 5, 1957 Officiants at Dedication of St. Luke's Church addition on May 5, 1957 At an afternoon service on May 5, 1957, the newly expanded facility and remodeled sanctuary was dedicated. Officiating were (left to right): Rev. Albert Besalski (Trinity/Orlando), Rev. Stephen Tuhy and...

5. Installation Service for Rev. E.J. Rossow, March 14, 1982 Installation Service for Rev. E.J. Rossow, March 14, 1982 Cover page of the program and listing of participants in the two worship services held at St. Luke's Lutheran Church on Sunday, March 14, 1982 to commemorate the Installation of the congregation's new...

6. Groundbreaking for construction of new church. June 2,1991 Groundbreaking for construction of new church. June 2,1991 Following the 10AM worship service on June 2, 1991, St. Luke's congregation gathered outside, near the original wooden church (now expanded and standing to the east of the 1957 brick church),for a Groundbreaking...

7. Construction of cloisters on new facility. c. 1992 Construction of cloisters on new facility. c. 1992 Images of the construction of the new cloisters, which created an appealing architectural connection from the 1939 brick church to the new church facility (which was completed and dedicated in November,...

8. Steven Sidlik portrays Martin Luther in Reformation Tableau, October 22, 1967 Steven Sidlik portrays Martin Luther in Reformation Tableau, October 22, 1967 In a photo accompanying an article printed in Oviedo's regional newspaper,"The Oviedo Beacon" on October 12, 1967, Steven Sidlik (as Martin Luther) nails the 95 Theses to the "chapel door" created for...

9. Welcome luncheon for new members of St. Luke's,1991 Welcome luncheon for new members of St. Luke's,1991 Newly confirmed adult members were traditionally honored with a "New Member Luncheon," following the worship service at which they were formally accepted as members of the congregation. This event was...

10. Capital Campaign, 1988. "Great Heritage-Great Future" Capital Campaign, 1988. "Great Heritage-Great Future" One year after the celebration of its 75th anniversary in March, 1987, the leaders of St. Luke's congregation launched a $3 million capital campaign to build a new sanctuary and adjunct facilities. On...

11. Construction of new church facility. c.1992 Construction of new church facility. c.1992 Photos taken, c. 1992, during the construction of St. Luke's new church facility. The images show various phases, during which 1939 brick church (now separated from the demolished 1957 addition) was connected...

12. Photos of Rev. Edwin J. Rossow (b. 1930 - d. 2005), St. Luke's Pastor 1982-2000 Photos of Rev. Edwin J. Rossow (b. 1930 - d. 2005), St. Luke's Pastor 1982-2000 Rev. Edwin J. Rossow (b. Dec.1, 1930-d.May 6, 2005)served as St. Luke's Senior Pastor from March, 1982 to his retirement in 2000. He trained at Concordia College, Ft. Wayne and Concordia Seminary, St....

13. Newlyweds, Roy and Mary Ann Weisenbarger with Pastor Tuhy. June 10, 1962 Newlyweds, Roy and Mary Ann Weisenbarger with Pastor Tuhy. June 10, 1962 Roy Weisenbarger slips the wedding band on the finger of his new bride, Mary Ann Tesinsky, under the watchful eye of Rev. Stephen M. Tuhy. The wedding took place at St. Luke's Lutheran Church on June 10,...

14. Demolition of 1957 addition begins. Exterior views. c. 1991 Demolition of 1957 addition begins. Exterior views. c. 1991 Several exterior views of the the demolition process for removal of the 1957 addition to the original brick church. Demolition in 1991 prepared the site for construction of a large new facility.

15. Confirmation in the gymnasium (Founders Hall), April 4, 1993 Confirmation in the gymnasium (Founders Hall), April 4, 1993 The 1993 Confirmation Class assembled in front of the "stained glass" display created by Ruth Wiedenmann for the east wall of Founders Hall(gymnasium), where the confirmation service was held. The 1957...

16. Temporary church office space during new church construction 1991-93 Temporary church office space during new church construction 1991-93 The church office was moved 3 times during Pastor E.J. Rossow's first several years at St. Luke's! In 1987, the south transept of the 1957 church, used for 30 years as vestry, office and storage space,...

17. Program for Dedication of Founders Hall - Sept. 9, 1979 Program for Dedication of Founders Hall - Sept. 9, 1979 The complete service program for the Dedication of Founders Hall was included in this collection because it contains important information about the history and the participants of this milestone addition...

18. Sunday Bulletin, September 9, 1979 Sunday Bulletin, September 9, 1979 The Sunday "bulletin" for September 9, 1979 offers additional insight as to the pastors and laity who served as church and school leaders during this period and on the very day the new Founders Hall facility...

19. Unfinished parking lot of Founders Hall c. early 1980s Unfinished parking lot of Founders Hall c. early 1980s The unpaved parking area in front of Founders Hall of St. Luke's Lutheran Church and School. The facility was built for use as a gymnasium and multi-purpose space, along with an athletic track, and was...

20. Funeral Register Volume 04 : Carey Hand Funeral Home records, March 11, 1922 to June 01, 1923 Funeral Register Volume 04 : Carey Hand Funeral Home records, March 11, 1922 to June 01, 1923 Carey Hand Funeral Home (Orlando, Fla.).; Greenwood Cemetery (Orlando, Fla.).; Palm Cemetery (Orlando, Fla.).; Funeral homes -- Florida -- Orlando.; Undertakers and undertaking -- Florida -- Orlando.; Registers of birth, etc. -- Florida -- Orlando.; Cemeteries -- Florida -- Orlando.; Orange County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Seminole County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Osceola County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Brevard County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Volusia County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Lake County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Polk County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Hillsborough County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Orlando (Fla.) -- History.; Florida -- Genealogy -- Sources. Contains records and ledgers on services provided at the Carey Hand Funeral Home. Materials include memoranda regarding the death and burial of deceased individuals, registers of the death, burial and...
select all : clear all : add to favorites

results 1-20 of 2893 item(s)  page 1 of 145 : ( <<  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >> ) :: previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^