Search results for St.   
Refine your search
Subject
Advertising -- Florida... (685)
st. Cloud (Fla.) -- Ne... (394)
Slavia (Fla.) -- Histo... (326)
st. Cloud (Fla.) -- Ne... (291)
Br&gt (70)
Show more...

Date Original
1950 (8)
ca. 1940s (7)
1940's (5)
1946 (5)
19 -- ? (4)
Show more...

results 1-20 of 2765 item(s)  page 1 of 139 : ( <<  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >> ) :: previous : next
select all : clear all : add to favorites

 Image: Title: Subject: Description:

1. Blueprint for Main Floor Plan of expanded brick church. 1956 Blueprint for Main Floor Plan of expanded brick church. 1956 A blueprint found in the archives of St. Luke's Lutheran Church shows a plan drawn by noted Winter Park architect, James Gamble Rogers II, for expanding the small brick church erected in 1939 by elongating...

2. Golden Anniversary Year Personnel Golden Anniversary Year Personnel A listing of the church personnel at the time of the 50th (Golden Anniversary)Year of the existence of St. Luke's Lutheran Church. The names were included in a commemorative booklet ("Fifty Years of Grace...

3. Article in "Lutheran Witness Reporter" about St. Luke's, 1971 Article in "Lutheran Witness Reporter" about St. Luke's, 1971 A multi-page article about St. Luke's was published in Vol 7 No. 13 of the "Lutheran Witness Reporter", a national publication, on July 11, 1971. With quotes from several teachers and other St. Luke's...

4. Church resolution renaming St. Luke's Church Cemetery. August, 1965 Church resolution renaming St. Luke's Church Cemetery. August, 1965 A resolution of the Board of Directors of St. Luke's Lutheran Church was filed with Seminole County in Florida on August 27, 1965. Signed by Ferdinand Duda, Sr. (Secretary of the Board), this document...

5. Interior of brick church c.1987 Interior of brick church c.1987 A view of the chancel of the church (as expanded in 1957) as it looked in 1987, after extensive interior remodeling. In an effort to provide more seating for worshipers, the offices, etc. were removed...

6. Original wooden church used as a "teacherage" c. 1960 Original wooden church used as a "teacherage" c. 1960 After the construction of the brick church in 1939, the little wood church was moved from the cemetery property to the new campus and became the site of St. Luke's first school. After the construction...

7. Article in Oviedo newspaper about "Truth Triumphant," a commemoration of the Reformation, presented Article in Oviedo newspaper about "Truth Triumphant," a commemoration of the Reformation, presented in October, 1967 An article in the "The Beacon" (Oviedo Publishing Co.) on October 12, 1967 explains the context of the Reformation event to be held at John Courier Memorial Field 10 days later. In remembrance of the 450th...

8. Officiants at Dedication of St. Luke's Church addition on May 5, 1957 Officiants at Dedication of St. Luke's Church addition on May 5, 1957 At an afternoon service on May 5, 1957, the newly expanded facility and remodeled sanctuary was dedicated. Officiating were (left to right): Rev. Albert Besalski (Trinity/Orlando), Rev. Stephen Tuhy and...

9. Reformation Event ("Truth Triumphant") at John Courier Memorial Field, Oviedo. Oct. 22, 1967 Reformation Event ("Truth Triumphant") at John Courier Memorial Field, Oviedo. Oct. 22, 1967 Charlie Beasley (left) portrays Emperor Charles V, flanked by his aide (Tim Colbert), in the live pageant sponsored by St. Luke's to commemorate the 450th anniversary of the Reformation at John Courier...

10. Installation Service for Rev. E.J. Rossow, March 14, 1982 Installation Service for Rev. E.J. Rossow, March 14, 1982 Cover page of the program and listing of participants in the two worship services held at St. Luke's Lutheran Church on Sunday, March 14, 1982 to commemorate the Installation of the congregation's new...

11. Confirmation Class, March 22, 1964 Confirmation Class, March 22, 1964 Eighth grade confirmands gather for a group photo with Rev. Stephen M. Tuhy (far left) and Principal E.L. Bellhorn on March 22, 1964. Left to right: BOYS: Ken Viles, George Bradshaw, Sammy Murphy, Stephen...

12. Exterior views of 1957 brick church, showing north transept Exterior views of 1957 brick church, showing north transept Exterior views of St. Luke's Lutheran church, showing the north transept, added (along with another on the south and an expansion to the sanctuary) to the original brick church in 1957. The first brick...

13. Groundbreaking for construction of new church. June 2,1991 Groundbreaking for construction of new church. June 2,1991 Following the 10AM worship service on June 2, 1991, St. Luke's congregation gathered outside, near the original wooden church (now expanded and standing to the east of the 1957 brick church),for a Groundbreaking...

14. Hymn for 50th Anniversary by Rev. Stephen M. Tuhy Hymn for 50th Anniversary by Rev. Stephen M. Tuhy For the celebration of St. Luke's 50th ("Golden") Anniversary on May 27, 1962 1962, the congregation's multi-talented pastor, Rev. Stephen M. Tuhy, composed a special hymn to be used at the festive worship...

15. Martha Society founders honored at 25th anniversary, February 1, 1960 Martha Society founders honored at 25th anniversary, February 1, 1960 Founding members of St. Luke's women's service auxiliary, the Martha Society, are honored at the celebration of their organization's 25th anniversary. The congregation gathered on the picnic grounds for...

16. Construction of cloisters on new facility. c. 1992 Construction of cloisters on new facility. c. 1992 Images of the construction of the new cloisters, which created an appealing architectural connection from the 1939 brick church to the new church facility (which was completed and dedicated in November,...

17. Steven Sidlik portrays Martin Luther in Reformation Tableau, October 22, 1967 Steven Sidlik portrays Martin Luther in Reformation Tableau, October 22, 1967 In a photo accompanying an article printed in Oviedo's regional newspaper,"The Oviedo Beacon" on October 12, 1967, Steven Sidlik (as Martin Luther) nails the 95 Theses to the "chapel door" created for...

18. Rev. Stephen Tuhy in the chancel of St. Luke's Lutheran Church, August, 1962 Rev. Stephen Tuhy in the chancel of St. Luke's Lutheran Church, August, 1962 In this colored photo, published with an article about the 50th anniversary of St. Luke's Lutheran Church in the Aug, 5, 1962 edition of the Sunday Florida Magazine, Rev. Stephen Tuhy is shown kneeling...

19. Judy DeCoste accepts teaching contract from Principal Elmer Bellhorn, March, 1958 Judy DeCoste accepts teaching contract from Principal Elmer Bellhorn, March, 1958 Judy De Coste, sent by Concordia College, River Forest, IL to serve as a teacher at St. Luke's School, receives a contract from Principal Elmer Bellhorn in March, 1958. Judy later married Walter Duda and...

20. Funeral Register Volume 06 : Carey Hand Funeral Home records, June 1, 1924 to May 15, 1925 Funeral Register Volume 06 : Carey Hand Funeral Home records, June 1, 1924 to May 15, 1925 Carey Hand Funeral Home (Orlando, Fla.).; Greenwood Cemetery (Orlando, Fla.).; Palm Cemetery (Orlando, Fla.).; Funeral homes -- Florida -- Orlando.; Undertakers and undertaking -- Florida -- Orlando.; Registers of birth, etc. -- Florida -- Orlando.; Cemeteries -- Florida -- Orlando.; Orange County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Seminole County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Osceola County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Brevard County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Volusia County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Lake County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Polk County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Hillsborough County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Orlando (Fla.) -- History.; Florida -- Genealogy -- Sources. Contains records and ledgers on services provided at the Carey Hand Funeral Home. Materials include memoranda regarding the death and burial of deceased individuals, registers of the death, burial and...
select all : clear all : add to favorites

results 1-20 of 2765 item(s)  page 1 of 139 : ( <<  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >> ) :: previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^