Search results for A   
Refine your search
Subject
Rollins College (Winte... (1094)
Student Newspapers and... (1094)
Black and White Photog... (583)
Br&gt (355)
&lt (339)
Show more...

Date Original
ca. 1960s (93)
ca. 1970s (62)
ca. 1950s (55)
1933 (52)
1942 (52)
Show more...

Audience
Electronically Reprodu... (2)
Male (1)
This Image was Derived... (1)

results 1-20 of 4653 item(s)  page 1 of 233 : ( <<  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >> ) :: previous : next
select all : clear all : add to favorites

 Image: Title: Subject: Description:

1. Duda harvester warehouse: 426, near later Slavia Rd. c.1959 Duda harvester warehouse: 426, near later Slavia Rd. c.1959 1959 image of area just NW of intersection of SR426 and Redbug Rd.(portion which is currently Slavia Road). Building in photo is a warehouse used by A. Duda & Sons to house their celery harvesting equipment....

2. Blueprint for Main Floor Plan of expanded brick church. 1956 Blueprint for Main Floor Plan of expanded brick church. 1956 A blueprint found in the archives of St. Luke's Lutheran Church shows a plan drawn by noted Winter Park architect, James Gamble Rogers II, for expanding the small brick church erected in 1939 by elongating...

3. Golden Anniversary Year Personnel Golden Anniversary Year Personnel A listing of the church personnel at the time of the 50th (Golden Anniversary)Year of the existence of St. Luke's Lutheran Church. The names were included in a commemorative booklet ("Fifty Years of Grace...

4. Article in "Lutheran Witness Reporter" about St. Luke's, 1971 Article in "Lutheran Witness Reporter" about St. Luke's, 1971 A multi-page article about St. Luke's was published in Vol 7 No. 13 of the "Lutheran Witness Reporter", a national publication, on July 11, 1971. With quotes from several teachers and other St. Luke's...

5. Church resolution renaming St. Luke's Church Cemetery. August, 1965 Church resolution renaming St. Luke's Church Cemetery. August, 1965 A resolution of the Board of Directors of St. Luke's Lutheran Church was filed with Seminole County in Florida on August 27, 1965. Signed by Ferdinand Duda, Sr. (Secretary of the Board), this document...

6. St. Luke's Church Office. 1986 St. Luke's Church Office. 1986 A view of the building used as the church office. 1986. This structure was originally built in 1935 to serve as the parsonage for Pastor Tuhy and his family. It was later remodeled and used by Pastor John...

7. Interior of brick church c.1987 Interior of brick church c.1987 A view of the chancel of the church (as expanded in 1957) as it looked in 1987, after extensive interior remodeling. In an effort to provide more seating for worshipers, the offices, etc. were removed...

8. Original wooden church used as a "teacherage" c. 1960 Original wooden church used as a "teacherage" c. 1960 After the construction of the brick church in 1939, the little wood church was moved from the cemetery property to the new campus and became the site of St. Luke's first school. After the construction...

9. Article in Oviedo newspaper about "Truth Triumphant," a commemoration of the Reformation, presented Article in Oviedo newspaper about "Truth Triumphant," a commemoration of the Reformation, presented in October, 1967 An article in the "The Beacon" (Oviedo Publishing Co.) on October 12, 1967 explains the context of the Reformation event to be held at John Courier Memorial Field 10 days later. In remembrance of the 450th...

10. 60th Anniversary of St. Luke's Lutheran Church, March, 1972 60th Anniversary of St. Luke's Lutheran Church, March, 1972 An article published in the Sanford Herald on March 24, 1972, describes the celebration of St. Luke's 60th Anniversary on March 19, 1972: "Rev. John J. Kucharik based his sermon on 'Builders,' as taken...

11. Officiants at Dedication of St. Luke's Church addition on May 5, 1957 Officiants at Dedication of St. Luke's Church addition on May 5, 1957 At an afternoon service on May 5, 1957, the newly expanded facility and remodeled sanctuary was dedicated. Officiating were (left to right): Rev. Albert Besalski (Trinity/Orlando), Rev. Stephen Tuhy and...

12. SELC District Convention at St. Luke's, April 1985 SELC District Convention at St. Luke's, April 1985 Delegates to Convention of the SELC District of the Lutheran Church-Mo. Synod are gathered outside St. Luke's Lutheran Church in April, 1985. A joint worship service was held in the gymnasium on Sunday,...

13. Exterior views of 1939 church during demolition process c.1990 Exterior views of 1939 church during demolition process c.1990 During the demolition of the 1957 addition to the church, c.1990-91, in preparation for the building of a new sanctuary, the 1939-built portion of the brick facility was retained. To protect the stained...

14. Confirmation Class, March 22, 1964 Confirmation Class, March 22, 1964 Eighth grade confirmands gather for a group photo with Rev. Stephen M. Tuhy (far left) and Principal E.L. Bellhorn on March 22, 1964. Left to right: BOYS: Ken Viles, George Bradshaw, Sammy Murphy, Stephen...

15. Exterior views of 1957 brick church, showing north transept Exterior views of 1957 brick church, showing north transept Exterior views of St. Luke's Lutheran church, showing the north transept, added (along with another on the south and an expansion to the sanctuary) to the original brick church in 1957. The first brick...

16. Groundbreaking for construction of new church. June 2,1991 Groundbreaking for construction of new church. June 2,1991 Following the 10AM worship service on June 2, 1991, St. Luke's congregation gathered outside, near the original wooden church (now expanded and standing to the east of the 1957 brick church),for a Groundbreaking...

17. Hymn for 50th Anniversary by Rev. Stephen M. Tuhy Hymn for 50th Anniversary by Rev. Stephen M. Tuhy For the celebration of St. Luke's 50th ("Golden") Anniversary on May 27, 1962 1962, the congregation's multi-talented pastor, Rev. Stephen M. Tuhy, composed a special hymn to be used at the festive worship...

18. Worship in Founders Hall c. 1991-93 Worship in Founders Hall c. 1991-93 Founders Hall (dedicated in 1979) became a crucial part of St. Luke's campus during the demolition of the 1957 church and construction of a new sanctuary from 1991-93. Without this large space (gymnasium),...

19. Funeral Register Volume 06 : Carey Hand Funeral Home records, June 1, 1924 to May 15, 1925 Funeral Register Volume 06 : Carey Hand Funeral Home records, June 1, 1924 to May 15, 1925 Carey Hand Funeral Home (Orlando, Fla.).; Greenwood Cemetery (Orlando, Fla.).; Palm Cemetery (Orlando, Fla.).; Funeral homes -- Florida -- Orlando.; Undertakers and undertaking -- Florida -- Orlando.; Registers of birth, etc. -- Florida -- Orlando.; Cemeteries -- Florida -- Orlando.; Orange County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Seminole County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Osceola County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Brevard County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Volusia County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Lake County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Polk County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Hillsborough County (Fla.) -- Genealogy.; Orlando (Fla.) -- History.; Florida -- Genealogy -- Sources. Contains records and ledgers on services provided at the Carey Hand Funeral Home. Materials include memoranda regarding the death and burial of deceased individuals, registers of the death, burial and...

20. SLAVIA marker-Seminole County Historical Commission-1990 SLAVIA marker-Seminole County Historical Commission-1990 Various mementos of the ceremony dedicating the SLAVIA Historical marker on November 17, 1990 were interred in a Time Capsule in April, 1993 and re-discovered in 2011. The community was honored by the...
select all : clear all : add to favorites

results 1-20 of 4653 item(s)  page 1 of 233 : ( <<  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >> ) :: previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^