Search results for First   
Refine your search
Subject
Carey Hand Funeral Hom... (226)
Funeral Homes -- Flori... (226)
Greenwood Cemetery (Or... (226)
Palm Cemetery (Orlando... (226)
Registers of Birth, e... (226)
Show more...

Date Original
1891-1955 (191)
1892-1893 (42)
1919-1952 (26)
1927 (5)
1928 (5)
Show more...

Audience
This Image was Derived... (1)

results 1-20 of 2845 item(s)  page 1 of 143 : ( <<  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >> ) :: previous : next
select all : clear all : add to favorites

 Image: Title: Subject: Description:

1. Duda harvester warehouse: 426, near later Slavia Rd. c.1959 Duda harvester warehouse: 426, near later Slavia Rd. c.1959 1959 image of area just NW of intersection of SR426 and Redbug Rd.(portion which is currently Slavia Road). Building in photo is a warehouse used by A. Duda & Sons to house their celery harvesting equipment....

2. Plan and elevation for pulpit of St. Luke's remodeled church. 1957 Plan and elevation for pulpit of St. Luke's remodeled church. 1957 A blueprint of the Plan and Elevation of the Pulpit, prepared by Joseph J. Noe Studios, New York, NY resides in St. Luke's Church Archives. In 1956, congregation had engaged noted architect James Gamble...

3. Article in "Lutheran Witness Reporter" about St. Luke's, 1971 Article in "Lutheran Witness Reporter" about St. Luke's, 1971 A multi-page article about St. Luke's was published in Vol 7 No. 13 of the "Lutheran Witness Reporter", a national publication, on July 11, 1971. With quotes from several teachers and other St. Luke's...

4. Original wooden church used as a "teacherage" c. 1960 Original wooden church used as a "teacherage" c. 1960 After the construction of the brick church in 1939, the little wood church was moved from the cemetery property to the new campus and became the site of St. Luke's first school. After the construction...

5. First Confirmation Class in 1957 brick church, April 14, 1957 First Confirmation Class in 1957 brick church, April 14, 1957 Confirmands of the class of April 14, 1957 pose with Pastor Stephen M. Tuhy before the altar of the newly expanded church building. Left to right: (Front)1. Robert Arndt 2.Gerry Fore 3.Betty Ruth Duda...

6. Exterior views of 1957 brick church, showing north transept Exterior views of 1957 brick church, showing north transept Exterior views of St. Luke's Lutheran church, showing the north transept, added (along with another on the south and an expansion to the sanctuary) to the original brick church in 1957. The first brick...

7. Groundbreaking for construction of new church. June 2,1991 Groundbreaking for construction of new church. June 2,1991 Following the 10AM worship service on June 2, 1991, St. Luke's congregation gathered outside, near the original wooden church (now expanded and standing to the east of the 1957 brick church),for a Groundbreaking...

8. Bethel Bible Series program launched at St. Luke's. c.1969-71 Bethel Bible Series program launched at St. Luke's. c.1969-71 In July-August, 1969, Rev. John Kucharik and congregation chairman, Andrew Duda, Jr. attended the Bethel Bible Series seminar in Madison, WI. Both returned with glowing reports and a zeal for implementing...

9. Retirement celebration for Rev. John Kucharik. Jan 24, 1982 Retirement celebration for Rev. John Kucharik. Jan 24, 1982 Rev. John Kucharik, who had faithfully served St. Luke's for almost 15 years after the death of the congregation's first pastor in 1967, was honored by the congregation with a fellowship dinner served...

10. "The Light," first all-English church bulletin. 1967 "The Light," first all-English church bulletin. 1967 Scan of Vol 27-No.1 of the St. Luke's Church and Community News Bulletin, dated January 1, 1967. The church bulletins were later permanently bound in thick volumes which reside in the church archives....

11. St. Luke's 50th anniversary celebration: Founders and Pastors, 1962 St. Luke's 50th anniversary celebration: Founders and Pastors, 1962 The 50th Anniversary of the congregation was celebrated in 1962 on the church picnic grounds. Among other photos taken that day was this image of the founders (charter members) of the congregation and...

12. Temporary church office space during new church construction 1991-93 Temporary church office space during new church construction 1991-93 The church office was moved 3 times during Pastor E.J. Rossow's first several years at St. Luke's! In 1987, the south transept of the 1957 church, used for 30 years as vestry, office and storage space,...

13. Wedding, June 14, 1959. Receiving line on loggia of St. Luke's School Wedding, June 14, 1959. Receiving line on loggia of St. Luke's School The entire congregation was invited to celebrate the wedding of Walter and Judy Duda on June 14, 1959. Because Slavia was still a somewhat isolated agricultural community, the largest available space to...

14. 50th Anniversary worship folder 50th Anniversary worship folder The first and last sections of the 6 page worship folder prepared by Pastor Stephen M. Tuhy for St. Luke's Golden Anniversary on May 27, 1962, provide the list of participants in the service: Pastor John...

15. The funeral of Re. Stephen M. Tuhy, December 29, 1967 The funeral of Re. Stephen M. Tuhy, December 29, 1967 The four page folder of the English/Slovak funeral service prepared for St. Luke's first pastor, Rev. Stephen M. Tuhy (B. October 14, 1909 - D. December 26, 1967). Pastor Tuhy had served St. Luke's from...

16. Founders Hall Lobby used for temporary meeting space. c. 1990-91 Founders Hall Lobby used for temporary meeting space. c. 1990-91 Two images exemplifying how the members of St. Luke's had to use all other existing spaces on campus for meetings and classes, as portions of the brick church were demolished in preparation for the church...

17. Wedding, June 14, 1959, Bride and groom exit the (1957) brick church Wedding, June 14, 1959, Bride and groom exit the (1957) brick church Walter and Judy Duda exit the (1957) brick church following their wedding ceremony at St. Luke's on June 14, 1959. Because the bride was the school's music teacher, a choir of schoolchildren had performed...

18. Sandspur, Vol. 02 No. 02, March 25, 1896 Sandspur, Vol. 02 No. 02, March 25, 1896 Rollins College (Winter Park, Fla.) -- Newspapers.; Student newspapers and periodicals -- Florida -- Winter Park -- Newspapers. Rollins College student newspaper, written by the students and published at Rollins College. The Sandspur started as a literary journal.

19. SLAVIA marker-Seminole County Historical Commission-1990 SLAVIA marker-Seminole County Historical Commission-1990 Various mementos of the ceremony dedicating the SLAVIA Historical marker on November 17, 1990 were interred in a Time Capsule in April, 1993 and re-discovered in 2011. The community was honored by the...

20. St. Cloud Tribune Vol. 15, No. 20, January 04, 1923 St. Cloud Tribune Vol. 15, No. 20, January 04, 1923 St. Cloud (Fla.) -- Newspapers; Advertising -- Florida -- St. Cloud -- Newspapers. Newspaper for St. Cloud (Fla.) from 1923.
select all : clear all : add to favorites

results 1-20 of 2845 item(s)  page 1 of 143 : ( <<  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >> ) :: previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  ^ to top ^